Monday 15 March 2010

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening & The Struggle By L J Smith (3/5)


Hmm. It read a little like a point horror book. But I guess that might be common in 90's fiction. The romance was a little odd to relate to, but I actually liked the characters. I like that Elena wasn't relatable, i'm a bit sick of the whole "Mary Sue Girl Next Door Sweet Innocent Best Friend" character. Elena was selfish, strong and beautiful. I found it refreshing to read such a dynamic and unique character, even if I found myself unable to sympathise with her.

I loved Stefan & Damon, I loved their relationship and how they approached seducing Elena differently. I liked how the love triangle worked, and how it showed that you could be attracted to someone, or what they represent, even if you think they are an awful person.

In comparison with the TV show, i've got to think that I enjoy the show more than the book. Which is new for me. I like Elena a lot more as they have wrote her, and the increased depth in the plot, and the other character's stories. But this Elena was a refreshing change from the usual heroines!

Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

0 comments:

Post a Comment