Monday 15 March 2010

The Color of Magic By Terry Pratchett (4/5)


I loved the characters, I found them witty and engaging. It took me a few pages to get into the book, but when I got used to the pace and feel of it, I read it in a few hours.

It is incredibly witty and I did laugh out loud a few times. The writing does seem quite separate from the story at some points though, It is an interesting style, but it meant I was more amused than sympathetic to the characters plight. Although this was probably deliberate, and i'm feeling quite a habit of Pratchett's.

I loved the character of Rincewind, I loved both his dialogue and internal monologue, I feel that he would be a great travelling companion to have. : )

I did enjoy the small glimpses of other people's stories throughout the book, but as usual with this style, I found myself unable to process them with the story of the main characters and it took me away from the plot. Though they were entertaining as separate glimpses into the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment