Monday 15 March 2010

The Reformed Vampire Support Group By Catherine Jinks (2.5/5)



Not bad, but not an epic page turner either. I liked the concept of the vampirism expressed in this book. The sheer wealth of characters overwhelmed me at first, but I got used to it eventually. I liked the way they lived their lives, and I liked the way every little detail was included, the routine, the history etc.

That said the actual storyline wasn't that gripping, but I did like the way things played out, and the Werewolf fighting was a horrifically great storyline. : ) And the details were enough to build up the world they lived in very satisfyingly, and seemed realistic, nothing happened that made me think "Oh! But that really would never happen" Which given that it's supposed to be a supernatural genre, is quite impressive.

I thought that Horace's punishment was a bit harsh, as his actions were quite sensible, i'd do it. Better than they deserved. And I did like Dave, he seemed like a nice guy. : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment