Monday 15 March 2010

Inkdeath By Cornelia Funke (4.5/5)


Brilliant. I am so reluctant to leave this world, I will miss it a lot. I feel as if I personally know it and all the characters it is that detailed! I need to know more and follow them throughout EVERYTHING. I miss them already and I only just put it down.

It was a very long book and it did seem to drag upon occasion, but just because of the sheer content in it! The world was built up so much you could practically taste it. And I can understand the temptation as I want to vanish into it's pages.

I really loved the way that all the character's played their parts. Particularly how Fernoglio explained how tricky it is to weave it all together. Cornelia Funke did that brilliantly and I felt there were no loose ends. Which seemed impossible half way through the book. All the characters are three dimensional and realistic, with human faults and issues.

I particularly loved the parting sentence, it was so bittersweet and just summed up the book and the experience of reading. I love that you can tell the author adores books, just like some of her crazy fans. : ) It was an epic book and I wish I could fall back into the Inkworld and stay there, if just for a little while. *happysigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment