Monday 15 March 2010

The Art of Tim Burton By Leah Gallo & Holly Kempf (5/5)


Beautiful, magical and a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours. Sitting in a huge chair with this epic tome balanced on your knee, especially with an equally large mug of coffee next to you. : )

The book is separated into sections each displaying pictures from a certain theme. I couldn't even pick a favourite section, let alone a favourite image, because they are all just so wonderful. A great insight into the mind of such a unique and fantastic director. Whether you are interested in the images that are memories of real life events, or the thought processes that led to some of the best movies of the past 20 years, it's all there.

The quotes spaced throughout the book also give it a personal touch, where people who are familiar with Tim's art will give you their take on it. My personal favourites were the ones from Helena Bonham Carter, as they were able to offer insight both professionally and personally. But also very enlightening are the additions by Danny Elfman and Johnny Depp, who have worked on so many projects with Burton at this point, that they have a lot of important points and opinions to contribute.

This is in my top two of expensive books that I have ever purchased and it was worth every penny. I am so glad that I have this book in my collection. I know that I will look through it for years to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment