Monday 15 March 2010

American Gods By Neil Gaiman (4/5)


The book itself was written incredibly. The descriptions were perfect, the characters three dimensional. However I still had to put a lot of effort into reading it! The first 300 pages took me a few months to read, but the last few hundred flew by in a day. I read pretty quickly, but this book had trouble gripping me in some parts. Which made me feel like the problem was definitely with me!

Neil Gaiman is a master story teller and he weaves a tale like few others! The amount of plot points and complications that he pulled together in a few pages were astounding and I loved the twists and genuinely didn´t see them coming until right before!

I adored the different mythology and this really encouraged my insterests in different pantheons even more so.

I will definitely read more by Neil Gaiman, although I don´t think I could read this again without as much effort as I put in this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment