Monday 15 March 2010

The Forest of Hands & Teeth By Carrie Ryan (3/5)


Loved most of the book and yet I was really frustrated with the ending. I did like the character of Mary, but the ending made me quite scared of her. I knew she wanted the ocean, but her friends are starving to death in the fences... O_o

I thought the book was wrote really well until the last 20 or so pages though. I loved the action, I felt it. My heart was in my throat for a lot of it. The book absorbed me and made me jump in anxiety, I also sobbed like a baby. I read the book in a day and have thought about it pretty much whenever I wasn't reading it. I felt the emotion so much that I felt like I was in the world with the characters.

It was probably for this reason that I didn't like the ending so much. It all felt a little pointless. This immense, emotional struggle I had watched characters I had come to love, go through seemed to be for very little. And I seemed to get very few answers and even less of a conclusion. If there will be a sequel then this does make some sense, but I still would have liked to put the book down with a little sense of finality, if only for a short while.

I also loved the development between Mary and Travis and yet this also just seems to dwindle without THAT much of an explanation as to why. I felt that their romance was real and yet I stopped believing in it eventually for what felt like no good reason.

A mixed review I suppose. I did truly become absorbed with this book, did fall into it and obsess about reading it at every opportunity. I suppose that could be why I am slightly disappointed in the ending.

Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

0 comments:

Post a Comment